Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Power Pulse experiences, Please
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
prairieschooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
The power pulse and equalizing the batteries are not exactly the same thing as best I understand it.

The power pulse, apparently through magic, sends some sort of frequency through the battery plates to breakup or discourage sulfite crystals from forming on the plates. The crystal coating on the plates reduces the efficiency of the battery.

Equalizing the battery does two things. One, it kind of boils the water and stirs up the liquid. One battery site says that the liquid will stratify. Two, I also understand that equalization is supposed to refresh the surface of the lead plate.

So, in my way of looking at it, the power pulse should help delay the buildup on the plates, whereas, at best equalization is supposed to burn it off when you equalize.

So are saying that you think the batteries require an Equalizing phase even if they have the PowerPulse installed?
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote