Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello All! McCowans - 1973 Newell
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
McCowans

Default Hello All! McCowans - 1973 Newell

Hello All!

My husband Michael and I own a 1973 Newell Private Coach. It's had 2 owners - 1st owner in military with great record-keeping skills then my father. My father owned it for 7 years and put less than 100 miles on it. It was not running until his 6th year with it. My father-in-law rebuilt the 391 engine, my father did a number of mechanical replacements to it - heat pump, brakes, transmission, rebuilt carbeurator, etc. Since we have owned it (June 2007) we have added 6 new tires/rims, remodeled the interior (see our pics, before/afters coming soon, thousands invested!), new Peninsula windows, new Peterbuilt windshields, replaced A/C, vents, new fridge, new furniture, flooring, awning, etc... We plan to replace plumbing lines and paint her in the fall. I am in the process of tracking down rear-view mirrors (heated, light) and marker lights (all are rusted). She is in great shape and drives like a dream!

We just took our first road trip from Stevensville, MD to Assateague, MD for 8 days. We got it out of the remodelers the week before - that was a close call. We had minor issues - brake smoke (adjusted shoes to pads), backfiring, brake lights went out - overall had a great time. We will work out those issues soon.

Please say hi when you get a chance and look forward to learning from others here. We are 30-somethings and plan to just RV locally on the weekends. Glad to be here!

Marcey McCowan
McCowans is offline   Reply With Quote