Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Looking toward retirement from Nashville
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Neweller

Welcome Tom B. to the Newell talk forum and website. Glad you are doing some series homework like many others are and many others have. As Joseph stated above we have a collection of much helpful information and available knowledge right here and a lot of it is first hand or factory backed. Ask any question you would like and I along with others will give you what we hope will be more than our 2 cents worth.

I have owned 3) Newells ranging from 76-86 and currently on the hunt for a late 90's or if the ranch sells the choice changes a little. My '76 had rear air with a straight axle front that was surprisingly very smooth riding, the '78 was all air bag suspension and road very similar and more enjoyable than any of the bus conversion I drove which were similar to the over the road buses you just mentioned. The '86 was similar to the '78 but a tad smoother and most people could not tell the difference.

All of them my wife or kids could sleep in while I was driving down the road with out any issues of bumps or dips waking them. I have driven a '95 of a family members and it drives unbelievably wonderful which is very much the same ride as any 2000 model from what I understand.

I don't think your wife will have any trouble with the ride of the year Newell your considering. The only bus that may ride better than the 2000 model Newell may be a late model Prevost but that would not necessarily be a fair comparison as its fair comparison would be against a 2006 or later Newell.

I have ridden in a Wanderlodge and most everyone I have spoken with put their ride below a Newell. Don't think they are in the same performance range and would really be more of a styling preference to most.

Newell offers 24/7 factory support and dozens of available service centers across the US. If your looking at pre 60 series Newell's, then know that Newell's with the DD engine were the marine standard engines unlike say Wanderlodges

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote