Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - generator power intermittant
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
encantotom

hi all,

this afternoon after church we unhooked the newell and darlene, our daughter heather and michael and georgia day went for a 30 minute drive. to see if we could discover anymore info about the generator cutting out.

it is hard to hear the genny running when driving but with several sets of eyes we were able to deduce the following that we didnt know before.

1. the voltage meters start dipping from 120v down to about 100v (both legs) and then the power management system cuts the power totally off like it is supposed to.

2. but we couldnt tell if the genny engine was dying down when it happened or not. so we kept driving around till it did it several more times and we were finally able to tell that the genny engine itself was briefly dying down at the same time. ahha....

3. now i know that it is actually and engine problem and not electrical, that makes me feel better. as richard says, it is either air or fuel.

now i am connecting in my mind another problem i had been ignoring. when the generator starts up, it starts up just fine and then runs for ten to 15 seconds then it coughs for 15-20 seconds and then starts up and runs fine.

so i am going to get a fuel solenoid and just to be sure a fuel pump.

i am running out of time and dont know if i have time to iterate.

thanks for everyones suggestions.

thanks to michael for watching meters while i was driving.

hope it fixes it.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote