Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1974 Classic information request
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #10
Neweller

Jimmy, I don't really know that coach other than I was following some of your post and thinking I recognize it from the gallery. Does it have the changed over headlights like the '75 in the gallery? If it does, then I would be pretty certain that the previous owner before passing uploaded those pics. That is a funny story about the owner out of Pagosa Springs. I'm only a little over a 100 miles from there. And now he would probably in a legal AG business. lol

From my understanding Newell ran the same suspension you have from '77 back. Some 78's I think were the leaf front and air/spring rear. I had a '76 with the set up and thought it handle very nice. It had a very tight feel vs. the bag front being a little more mushy. There were supposedly some cracking issues on the mounting areas of the rear suspension and that is why most were upgraded to bag. Now, that was usually on the 38-40' coaches I believe. The '76 I had, was super clean and it was a 39'.

I'll look under the '78 that I'm working on tomorrow and see what I remember being the difference. I want to double check what I stated. You may have the updated rear?

Ken W.
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote