Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Does anyone like the idea for Newell to offer a Retro-Designed Coach?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
rellick

Default Creative Retro Coach

• I found this cool retro Creative Cruiser I thought some would find interesting and inspiring, this coach was totally gutted and redone with a 8.3isc cummins and allison 6-speed. Totally new interior and upgraded with new everything
  • All I have to say is awsome!! I wonder how many more coaches are done up with the same retro look? If you have a Classic or Vintage Coach how about sharing some of the upgrades you have done!!
  • Who
  • What
  • Why
  • Progress
  • About

About

Here are some details about the Creative Cruiser project, its history and the restoration. You have two choices for how to view this information: In an interactive presentation (click the arrow icon to progress through the slides kind of thing), which requires Adobe Flash, or just by scrolling through the info as a single page below.

The Creative Cruiser on Prezi

The Stats

Species: Flxible Bus
Breed: Starliner
Year of Birth: 1963
Birthplace: Loudonville, Ohio
The Cruiser’s History

The bus is built at the Flxible factory in Loudonville, Ohio
1963-1992

The bus is owned by the Lovington, NM school district where it serves as the transportation for the high school’s sports team.

The bus changes owners when it is bought by Ross B., the former high school principal. He only owned it for a short time.
1992-1997

The bus is owned by Joe W. in Azle, TX. Joe turned it into a lounge bus.

The bus is bought by Kim & Dave in Alliance, Ohio. They give the coach an RV interior and use it on and off for many years.

The bus gets another owner… ME!
Since then, I’ve had the interior gutted to make room for a new, streamline design/high tech theme. In 2011, the bus was moved to Fort Worth, TX to get the engine/tranny work done. It will soon move to Nova Scotia where it will get its new interior.
Restoration

The Cruiser is undergoing a complete restoration, from top to bottom. The original engine was swapped out for a new Cummins ISC with an Allison tranny. The interior, though livable from the start, has been completely gutted to make room for a new, custom living space.

When the bus is complete, it will boast some pretty great new features…

In the end…

This

+

This

=

© Ben Willmore • 2012
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote