Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Garmin 465T For Your Newell
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
encantotom

ok, now i have to tell my gps story. last summer when on our 2 month long trip we went to ruidoso, nm. a small mountain community. from there we were going to cloudcroft to spend a week. cloudcroft is a very small artsy summer home community up at 9000 feet in south eastern new mexico.

it was a couple hour drive or less. or more.... the garmin mobile pc gps took us on a strange route through the back country. i thought, hey, a nice drive and the gps knows a back way to get there....after driving for quite a while the road turned to dirt and gravel and appeared to be turning into a switchback trail on the side of a mountain. before we got very far there was an indian reservation trailer park with a handful of trailers in it. i turned with the rig pulling our car into the trailer park. there were kids playing in the road (not much traffic out there) and was a young mother holding her baby standing on her porch of her mobile home. it was up on block supports quite high and when i pulled up to her in the coach she was eye level with me in the drivers seat. i looked at her and said hi and that i was lost. she just said, yes you are....i told her the gps wanted me to go down the trail and she looked up and down at the newell and just said, "not gonna make it in that". so we were able to get turned around and go all the way back and take the real road. turned into an afternoon drive, though it was fun and we were in no hurry. the gps was taking me shortest route and that it was if i had a 4 wheel drive jeep....

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote