Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #97
chockwald

Got the cabling and wiring all finished and the solar panels in place, and turned on the system late this afternoon....the sun was low in the sky so we were only picking up .5 amps for just a few minutes. Mike had me turn off the charger so we can run the batteries down a little tonight and then we will get the full effect when the sun comes up and watch the batteries brought up to charge. Mike and Lisa will be attending their annual general meeting for this Escapee park until early afternoon tomorrow, so once they are done they will be able to apply the sealant, and then it will be 24 hours from that point before we can move. It was too cold to apply it this evening. So we will be here until at least Friday afternoon....so, Tom, I will call you tomorrow to adjust our ETA.

On a slightly different note, about a month ago we plugged the trailer into the 7 pin receptacle to check the lights on the trailer. Everything worked, including the brake lights. When we plugged in Monday morning the brake lights would not work. Same problem I had a few years ago when we went to Austin. When we were at my mechanics they tried to trouble shoot the problem, but just could not get any power to the two pins that send the brake signal to the trailer. After a couple of hours I called them off and had them finish the service so we could get out of there. Instead of loading the 'Bird in the trailer I had Elaine follow me down so at least those following would see her brake lights. The brake lights on the Newell work fine, so no problem there. I figured, how hard can this be??? The guys at the shop were trying to tap into the "rat's nest" of wires (that I am starting to clean up as of today), and they just could not get power....weird. Soooo, today I decided to take a look. The tangle of wires left by the guy who installed the brake controller, and the next guy who fixed the problems he created are very confusing, so I decided to look for a clean wire that had not been touched...the wire that runs to the driver's side brake lights. I tapped into that wire, and then ran the power from that wire down to the red and green wires that go down to the 7 pin plug.....I am the man....it worked...I now have power at the two pins that send the brake signal to the right and left brake lights on the trailer....took less than 30 minutes beginning to end. Now the big job is to get back in and remove all the old splices, and connectors and run clean wires again...using the correct colors....that will take a little longer....but, now I have trailer brake lights!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote