Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mechanically and Electrically Handy When Owning a Motor Coach
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
WildCat

Default Mechanically and Electrically Handy When Owning a Motor Coach

Hi -

To better educate myself, I've been reading many posts on your forums and others. Although I'm very excited about the possibility of buying my first luxury coach (Prevost, Newell or Wanderlodge) quite honestly I am apprehensive after reading stories about potential fire hazards. Members seem to talk about fixing things with relative ease - just disassemble this, rewire that, check voltage across this, re-plumb that, replace this, etc.).

Unfortunately, I am NOT HANDY and don't have any experience with noticing and/or fixing the tell-tale signs of problems (other than very obvious problems). So I worry that some major safety issue may exist (fire hazard, etc.) that I wouldn't notice, thereby putting my family in danger. How common are these problems and how important is it to be mechanically and electrically handy when owning a motor coach? I hate to give up my dream just because I'm not handy. On the other hand, I am very meticulous and careful about things, and so hopefully that will balance things out (but if I don't know to watch out for something, then I cannot be careful about it).

Bernie Myers
WildCat is offline   Reply With Quote