Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Coach build numbers needed!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
fulltiming

Larry, thanks for the update. Those dates make sense. The date of July, 1986 indicates that the coach was substantially completed in July, 1986. Based on the time to build, I would suspect that work began on the coach not long after the 4/7/86 plan date. It is not unusual for a owner to make changes during the build process. It is also not unheard of for the owner to make additional changes when they arrive to pick up the coach or may even return the coach for additional changes after it is picked up initially. That would likely be why the Revised 8/27/86 date shows on the floorplan. Without the Certificate of Origin, you would not know the delivery date.

For example my floorplan was dated 2/1/91 with revisions 2/14/91 and again 9/17/91. The changes in September would have been after delivery as it had 56 miles on it on 3/29/91. In my case the floorplan date of 2/1/91 may not be the actual date of order. Even at that time, going from order to completed coach in less than 2 months would have been surprisingly fast.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote