Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - What to tell Campgrounds & RV Parks we drive?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Neweller

Great question! When I first bought a 1978 Newell about 10 years ago, I ran into this problem on a regular basis down in California. I had sold my house and bought this Newell thinking I would be fulltiming it without any questions to the RV parks caring what I owned. See, I had owned newer trailers and class A's of the cheap and never had a problem. When I picked up my Newell in Texas and drove back to California to only stop at Walmarts or rest areas since it was December and I just wanted to get back and fix up my Newell. After arriving back in California, I stored my coach at a friends while I did some needed repairs then when it was ready to go, I started calling around to the local parks looking for a long term camping arrangement while I waited for my son to graduate high school and guess what, every single RV park had age rules for anything over a month stay. They all stated my coach could not be over 15 years old. I was blown away as I just invested a bunch of money in a 1978 Newell and could not use it for my intended purpose. After some persuasion I got one RV park in Lake Elsinore on the lake to let me bring my coach by and look it over. After seeing my coach they said it would be fine and that not to tell anyone I'm staying over 30 days. The rules are to curtail the white trash campers or so to speak. arg...........
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote