Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Final night in Austin
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
larryweikart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
If you were a commercial vehicle you would be expected to drain the tanks every day of use. Most private motorcoaches don't get drained very often, some only once a year. As long as you have a good dryer on your engine mounted air compressor and have dryers on your 120 volt auxiliary compressor and, if applicable, on your 12 volt compressor and you drain those regularly, you won't see much water in your wet tank. Your brake tanks should NOT have water in them. If they do, you are not draining them often enough. I would suggest you install (or have installed) the cable activated drains on your front tanks (yes I need to do that also) and run cables to a convenient location so you can make sure that water is not left in the tanks.

Even on an annual basis, I don't get much water in my tanks and of course most of it is in the wet tank.
Thanks for the info Michael. I've drained my front tanks 2-3 times per year and, like you said, I've found very little moisture in them. Installing the auto dumps would sure make it a lot nicer than getting under the Coach, especially because it is rather difficult and messy to open the top tank. It's on my long to do list, which seems to get longer all the time.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote