Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air tanks
Thread: Air tanks
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
This posting should apply to those with 90s and later coaches. My count on air tanks that need to be drained of water occasionally is now up to ten. I was at nine until Tom McCloud found another one. There are four in front above the front suspension(the brake tanks are oblong in shape and the other two look like cross members with petcocks). There is one in basement compartment R-1(generator blower compartment), but not all coaches seem to have this tank. There is one on the front wall of the right rear wheelwell in front of the drive tire. There are four in the rear. There is an oblong tank that services the rear brakes-this tank has a needle valve to drain rather than a petcock. There are three cross member type tanks that service the rear suspension. One is above the drive axle, one is just in front of the tag axle and one above the transmission-this air tank services the tag axle and internally is split into two tanks, so this tank has two petcocks. If you begin to find water in your tanks you may need to install a new desiccant filter on your air dryer that is located on the rear wall of the left wheelwell behind the tag tire. I hope this helps others in the maintenance of their Newell.

When changing the desiccant filter on the air dryer remember to put a light coat of oil on the rubber gasket. It makes it so much easier to remove the spin on filter next time.

Also, it only needs to be 1/4 turn past hand tight.

The first time I changed mine I needed a 3' cheater pipe to turn the filter. The last person who changed it didn't lubricate the rubber gasket. Man, that thing was difficult to get off!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote