Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - dupree manual valve body cracked
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
encantotom

Default dupree manual valve body cracked

hi all,

today i did plumbing. replaced the ball valve that was leaking on the clear water drain (hard to get at....), put in a replacement 12v solenoid for the autofill valve and replumbed it. and put a new watts water pressure regulator in. i also changed the clear bodied water filter cartridge. it was so tight i had to take it out to get the cannister off.

now my real problem. the manual dupree valve off the bottom of the poo tank was leaking like crazy. i finally saw that the valve body is cracked 3-4 inches and when i took the paddle assembly out, the top of the valve body crumbled.

i talked to richard and he wisely suggested trying to glue and goop it up before tearing it all apart. i will abs glue it, clamp it, then jbweld the snot out of it and try to rebuild the plastic up where it has crumbled with jbweld. then silicone it to death.

any wisdom? if i have to take it out and replumb it, there isnt much room in there. does anyone know if the pipe coming off the bottom of the poo tank is glued in? i assume so.

is there any other glue or repair stuff like jbweld that any of you have used that i could try?

thanks

tom

if not, then i got to tear all that plumbing out and that aint gonna be fun.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote