Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air lock in cooling system
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
KimnKim

Oh, on a related note, one more question. My buddy, who helped with the water heater install and also an '87 owner, and I were checking out my unit's heaters...the heat exchanger types. I have one under the bed, one in the basement and one under the coach. All are switched at the dash. Unfortunately, the motors on the bedroom and basement units are not working and are on my list to investigate. The under couch heater does have a working motor though but when you switch it on, it blows cold air only. Examining the coolant lines in the pass-through basement bay, it looks as though there are two 'coolant circuits' that are controlled by in-line electrical valves. We have assumed that when the dash swith is activated, not only does the blower motor activate but that this in-line valve should also open allowing warmed coolant to flow through the heat exchanger. Are we correct on this assumption? If that is the way it is supposed to work but no heated coolant is arriving at the exchanger, any words of wisdom here? BTW, the bedroom heat exchanger seems to have un-valved, full-time coolant runniing through it.
Coach #186
1987 Wide Body - Transplanted Texas Longhorn, eh!
KimnKim is offline   Reply With Quote