Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - what to look for
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
prarieschooner

Default what to look for

I will be going out to make the final arrangements for the 1982 38' Classic this weekend. I will be withdrawing Oil Samples from the Main, Transmission and AC Generator and the Coolant from the Main and AC Generator for Lab Analysis. I expect to get a good look at the Water Pump, Belts and Hoses as well as looking for Leakage. The Coach has a 6V92 Detroit with Alison Trans, I am not sure about the AC Generator but thinking that it was Westerbeke (I will be sure after the next visit when I get the Model and Serial Numbers).
My question is if there is anything else that I should get a good look at or pay special attention to? I know that the Air Ride has problems but I will post those questions at that forum.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

*As a note for those who may not know, some Heavy Equipment Repair Businesses offer these Lab Results or "SOS" as part of a Scheduled Maintenance. I feel that it is best to do this in conjunction with Oil Changes as a way to help track Wear or other Potential Problems. I use Johnson Caterpillar in Riverside, CA because they are close to me and get the results back quickly. Cost for this service from them is $12.00 each when purchased 10 at a time and turn around is 3-5 days.
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote