Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Any other mini rallies to come?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
fulltiming

The real secret to putting on an impromptu rally such as these is finding an RV Park that is reasonably conveniently located to a number of potential attendees, that has some meeting room facilities and is willing to work with you on hosting the rally. The park in Austin is blocking out a group of sites for the participants, handling the reservations and offering the use of their clubhouse to use during the rally at no cost.

I have been involved in the planning and execution of many rallies, most of which involve meals and a rally registration fee and I will say definitively that it is a joy to be involved with a mini-rally like this that has no financial and catering requirements. Many parks will offer a discount if the rally meets a certain minimum number of sites.

Tuga came up with the idea for this rally and spent time on this board finding the best dates for the rally that would work out for the largest number of folks. So far, the anticipated turnout is even better than originally expected. We originally discussed Buckhorn Lake RV Resort, who I have worked with many times before, but they had a Marathon rally booked at the selected time.

La Hacienda RV Resort has been great to work with.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote