Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Braking Quality
Thread: Braking Quality
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
Wally Arntzen

Larry, the small tank in the rear well for the toilet should be set at 60#s. You should have preasure guage and preasure control valve in the bay with you heater. I removed my tank from the wheel well because it developed leaks in the welds of the tank from using it in the north with salt on the roads in the winter. I installed it in the bay next to the water heater and it works great. When I used green breat methods to elimimate air leaks I discovered that my main (wet) air tank and the toilet both had leaks in the weld seams and had to replace them both.
I also replaced all of the check valves, air preasure control valves, air operated wiper motors and air wiper switches, air switches for the step cover, generator slide out, cheater dump valve, etc, etc,.
As Michael said we are fulltimers and with full use of the vehicle with an air operated toilet our 110 pump does not go on more that 2 times in 24 hours.
As our coaches get older air equipment fails and it is my opinion that the less a coach us used the more likley that air systems will dry up from moisture settleing and clogging up check valves and other items in the system.
I like all things on the coach to operated as designed and at the present time the only thing on my coach that does not work is satilite dish that automaticly goes up. It failed and until i'm ready to bite the bullet for a new one that is the one flaw I living with.

Sorry for the long reply.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote