Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Big oil leak in the walk in closet in 2001 coach
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #18
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
do you guys have the 2" or 4" wide eternabond tape? i am going to pick some up and wondering what you all have found to be the most useful?

tom
Hello Tom,

For the roof work I found that 3 " wide 50 fees spool was about right to cover entire roof and vend & AC units area!

For the single rivets spaced about 12" apart along the to sides of the roof I used small 3x3" patches , i found that after seperating the clear backing i would stick one end to the roof and smooth is with me had , than use utility knife or razer bald eto be perfect tool for the job! sicissors were the worst tool to use it ( blades got gulk up with the glue from the tape ) do not use it , it will work for few cuts only!

For the front top and rear top where the rivets run about 2-4" apart ( may of them ) they are holding in place the top shell of the roof , I used long 8foot + tape , it worked very well for me !

So far no leaks ! the only one thing ahppen over the weekend on the trip to Albany OR. where they had 4 straight days of pouring rain, before puling the slides back, I usesd ladder and climbed and used long broom and pushed all the water from top of the slides , than i went back and pulled slides back, while doing the rear one , I heard the sound of rushing water from teh top of the slide trough the celling right down to the bad and front happened same time all over my lap top computer and drives 1 what a mess that was !!! somehow the water still was trapped againt the seal and whe the seal got defeated and slide pulled back in water ran inside the coach!

Was wonder if perhaps dumpping some more air from the slide side would cure the problem! Its first time thsi happened to me 1 So far we love our coach 1 it drives like dream!!

IBTW Eternabond Ebay sells 50' for around 50-70$ have not found any better prices, sorry for my bad english Tom. I hope this help.
Best,

Les
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote