Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air tank in right rear fender well
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
Wally Arntzen

Hi Richard,

My coach is a 1988 and has a 120 volt compresser that runs only when i'm plugged into an electric source and provides air to all of my air tanks. I have a limit control switch that turns the compresser on when it gets down to 60 pounds and goes off when it reaches 90 pounds.
If I user air from any source, such as the air slide for the generator, toilet, floor slide over my stairs or provide new air to the air bags this compressor will go on and refill the tanks that are distributing air.
The small air tank for the toilet on my coach is for my toilet only and has a preasure guage that I keep the air at 60 pounds and have an air control swich to control the volume of air provided to the tank.
I do no have a 12 volt air compresor on my coach so that must be something they added on the later coaches.
I full time in my coach and I have replaced all of the check valves on all tanks, all of my air switches, and my air motors and switches for the air operated windshield wipers.

My air system is very tight and my air compresor goes on once or twice a day while living in the coach all of the time.

I also relaced two of my large air tanks as well as the one for the toilet because they had leaks in the welded seams.

I don't know if any of this is of help to you but I hope so.

Wally Arntzen
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote