Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Ham and CAP member proud Newell Owner
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
caprescue

Default Ham and CAP member proud Newell Owner

I was introduced to this site from the Newell Factory, I wish I knew it was here before as I have been blazing a path with my 90 Newell as a Search and Rescue platform and Communications Center for the last 3 years.

I love the hobby I have chosen and the Newell as a safe and wonderful way to participate in it, as I am tired of camping.. lol

For any of you Newellies who are HAMs I have designed and developed mobile HF antenna that allows me to operate from 80 to the 6 meter band, as well as all the FEMA and Civil Air Patrol Frequencies in between. I hasd never seen anyone do this before so I decided to build my own... lol. I have a 113 ft of antenna up there with an SGC tuner so I can change freq on the fly. If anyone is interested I will provide some pics and some specs. I have worked Europe and Australia at the same time from the I5 near Sacramento. I also engineered a platform for 8 vhf and UHF antennas. works great.

Well glad to finally met some other enthusiastic Newell owners..

Cheers.

Murray
caprescue is offline   Reply With Quote