Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Was it love at first sight?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
jwe648

Default Was it Love... Maybe..

After living in Hawaii for almost 10 years we dreamed of traveling across the country ...jumped in and bought a large fifth-wheel ... we soon figured out we'd rather be driving the house... so I toured most all the Mfg and had decided on a new Country Coach.... pen quivering over the dotted line.. I came to my senses.. the $$$$ collaspe happened... so I was feeling lucky... A year ago come July I was in Camping World... for supplies, talking to a salesman that was whining about things.... off in the back of the lot I saw a lonely looking old...bus (didn't know) I was told it was a Newell.."do You want to look"? sure..I said...I love old things. It looked tired and needy... like a puppy with those sad eyes... I couldn't resist.. made him an very lowball offer...my wife said 'What in the world are you doing"? I drove it home.... it just felt good, like a old shoe... I've brought her back to life... what a pleasure... We've got a couple shakedown trips under the belt... Now for the long one... yep.. it was love after all...