Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #96
chockwald

Decided to change the view out our coach door, so departed Rancho Jurupa one year to the day since we arrived. Arrived at my mechanic's around 7:30am to have oil changed (5.4 gallons of Rotella 40wt), oil filter, fuel filters, check trans fluid (OK), drain air tanks....NO water at all in any of the three tanks (the front two have petcock valves, and the rear has some sort of auto fixture that you press up on a pin and the air, or water comes out), top off tire pressure, and recharge front A/C....it's blowing icicles again! Left my mechanic's place around 1:15pm, and arrived at SKP park near Aguanga, CA (near Temecula) at 3:15pm. Then, turned around at 4pm to drive the 'Bird back to Corona to honor my final soccer assignment (and I mean final). Right now we are in the boondock sites awaiting the availability of our full hookup site so we can move in and begin the solar panel installation. Life is good!

6:40PM - Got the cabling and other associated wiring run today. We were able to follow "plan A" all the way, which means we followed the most direct and shortest route to the battery bank. Steve Ward was of great assistance as we solved a potential ground issue....thank you Steve for being such a good friend! Tomorrow the panels will be mounted, and the battery monitor hooked up. Many pictures to follow. Took a bunch today.

We have the greatest view in site 224....close as you can get to a 360 degree view! Starting to feel the work-a-day tension melt away, and starting to gaze wonderingly at the horizon...what adventure awaits us tomorrow? I don't know, but I'm going to enjoy finding out! Installation will reconvene promptly at 8am tomorrow, and by this time tomorrow nite we will be solar powered. Mike and Lisa Sylvester (The RV Guy, Inc.) are doing a superb, professional installation job. We are involved every step of the way. No decision is made without our input.

This is our first experience staying at an Escapee (SKP) Park.....what a pleasant experience. The nightly rate is $20....anywhere else this would be a $100/nite spot....this is what I would call a 5 star resort. Even the boondock area where we stayed last night has it's own restrooms, and laundry. Almost every single site has a view, some, like ours, spectacular! The boondock rate is $5.00/nite!

Elaine drove into Temecula today to do shopping and picked up a couple of salmon filets that are to die for! That's it for now....will post again tomorrow with many, many pictures.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote