Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How many have class b licenses?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
rheavn

You don't need a California class B unless California is your state of residency. There are restrictions for coaches over 40'. Stick with truck routes and you'll be fine.

Chester: If your state of residency is Texas then you would need a Texas class B. I drive in Texas, but I'm covered by Missouri licensing as my residency is Missouri. I stand corrected--the key is residency, not the state of registration of the coach. I'll bet though the Prevost in the post was registered in Montana which led to questions of why the coach was registered to a LLC. Authorities are cracking down on people involved in tax dodges(and I'm not indicating you are) and running commercial business without proper licensing. States need money and enforcement that leads to revenue is up!

Forest: It is coaches over 40' that have roadway restrictions. Total length is still restricted to 65'. You'll be fine. I'm in SoCal at least once a year and never had a problem. There was a time Cal was turning back coaches over 40', but that has been legislatively corrected.