Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Goals for the retired life and fulltiming
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
bigcatwally

Nara we are not fulltimers but I thought I would comment on this thread anyway. I believe that fulltiming has it's ups and it's downs. There are pluses and negatives to all situations if you really think about it. I believe if you have traveled in a coach for a short time it doesn't compare to traveling fulltime. They are both totally different in my honest opinion. If you have concerns I suggest you try going on a longer trip before you make the decision to fulltime. Try it for 6 months and see if it looks like the retired lifestyle you want to live. Like others said everyone is different and the lifestyle isn't for everyone. And for others it could mean a year or two on the road and then for some it may be 10 years! I've met a few who have been fulltimers going on 10+ years and they aren't tired of it yet.

As much as I believe it has to do with the people a few other things that come to mind are the living conditions as in the size of the coach, the space you feel you need and knowing your coach. Not just driving or maintenance of the coach but I also mean the more simple things. It amazes me how many people don't know how to operate the features of their coach. Don't get me wrong I know some people like to learn as they go... but why not take the time to learn how to turn on your hot water heater from the start or pop out your slide before you take a trip.

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote