Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Alternator Charging issue on 1986 Newell Coach with 8v92
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #8
prairieschooner

Not that I am aware of as far as an interchange. If there is an accumulation of fluid and dirt at the base then the alternator could have filled up with residual debris and overheated because it would not have cooled properly. This is also a good reason for us to not try to increase the amperage because the case may not be able to cool it properly. It is only a matter of maintenance and knowing what to look for, tell your brother to stand by! an alternator that failed due to poor or misguided maintenance is not a reason to give up on the coach.
PS I disconnected the Air Conditioning Compressor on our '82 because it would have been too costly and it really wasn't a good design. I am considering using that mounting area to install a secondary charging system...stand by for more on that.

PS if you find a replacement for the Flange Mounted LEECE NEVILLE, please post it!
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote