Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wall Refinishing Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
prairieschooner

Ken,
Yes, we tried all kinds of "snake oils" but in the end found that good old hot water and dish washing detergent worked the best. This was done over the first winter that we spent in the coach. When we found ourselves in one place for a while Tricia went to work on it. I was busy with the mechanical and electrical repairs as well as the polishing of the outer skin and wheels.
Overall the laminate was in very good condition. We found a few hairline cracks in the laminate after stripping the wallpaper. Tricia and I both like the laminate better than the wallpaper. This year I found a polysulfide sealant that is very close to the same color of our laminate, I then tapped the crack and filled it with the sealant. The cracks are very hard to notice although still there. We may replace the laminate on the door one day if I can find a laminate that is close enough to not look worse that an original piece, but that is on the back burner since it is very hard to notice now. After restoring numerous classic wooden boats and cars one does learn to appreciate the character that comes with age after all our Prairie Schooner is almost 30 years old.
Now we are on to reupholstering the interior furnishings and other interior upgrades.
Tom should chime in soon, he and Darlene have done allot of work to their interior.
Attached Images

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote