Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
encantotom

so the batteries were totally charged when you dropped it off on sunday? what do you mean by shutting off all power to the coach? do you mean you used both battery bank shutoff switches in the back? or do you just mean that you turned everything off you know of inside?

if there is a current draw, it can draw the batteries down and you not even know it.

for example an 8d agm lifeline battery has 255 amp hours 475 min at 25a 825 min at 15a 1670 min at 8a

double that for two fully charged batteries.

just for funs sake....lets say you had left on 4 of the lower bay lights.

they draw i would guess about 2amps each for a total of 8amp draw.

if your batteries were at 25%, then 1670x2=3340x.75=2227minutes at 8amps. that is about 2 days of draw.

so if you were getting from sunday to friday (5 days) to get to 25%, then you are drawing 60x25x5=7500 minutes or using the data above, you were drawing about 3amps for 5 days to get 2 8d batteries down to 25%. that is not very much. like a couple of lights on somewhere you dont know about.

i did some estimation, but in general it is right.

i know it doesnt seem like it takes much to discharge the batteries and that is why if you run the icemaker on the inverter it will run my batteries down overnite.

and why the newer coaches have six 8D batteries just for the coach side to run the all electric coach when dry camping. that big electric fridge really draws the amps in DC when inverting to AC.

so, not saying this is the case for you, but an illustration of how quickly the coach batteries can run down if there are some devices of any kind left on.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote