Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #14
jmacstack

Today I went to the coach to further my investigation. I noticed the building was hot....it had been closed up all weekend. Then I noticed the engine compartment was hot...upon touching the engine it too was hot! I thought about it for a second and went inside to check the engine heater...it was running and probably has been all through the weekend I was out camping trying to not blow breakers at the fairgrounds. Time to put a piece of tape over that switch..it's by the bed in the back among a row of other switches...easy to hit by mistake. Now I know why I was blowing breakers at the fairgrounds. There was too much draw and every time the fridge kicked in it was to much for the breaker to handle.

I checked the batteries. I am still only floating 1 disc with my hydrometer. These are brand new batteries....or so they said. Now I'm feeling skeptical. I turned off the big inverter, engine heater switch is off. Tomorrow I will check the batteries with my volt meter and report back. The combined voltage of the batteries today was 13.22. I did not isolate the batteries and will do so tomorrow. Could that big 50amp(I think) flat fuse that the positive side of the batteries is connected to be bad? I can't remember what that flat fuse is called..is it the fusible link? I have an extra one. I will check it for continuity tomorrow. There is some corrosion on it. So that is the update..more tomorrow. Thanks you all for all your input, it is really helpful. Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote