Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #20
prairieschooner

Tom,
I am not so sure that the Heart Inverter was original equipment for our '82. When we got the '82 the Power Inverter had been wired to the Switch Panel and all was able to be used, this is the easiest way to install one. Here I am trying to work on the AC Electrical System and it was still hot after I shut down the Main Circuit Breaker? and still hot after the Power Cord was removed?? I found the problem to be the way the Power Inverter was wired. This was corrected right away but there is no telling what a PO may have done.
I added a Selector Switch (Marine Grade of course) to the AC Switch Panel. Only the two Televisions and the Microwave Oven can be powered with the Heart Power Inverter. By the way we also have a Powerline Inverter (the kind that the Truckers use) that powers up our Ice-maker. I like how the original owner was thinking, cocktails on time even after driving all day!
By the way guys this is something that we all should check on our older coaches. I spent a few days bringing my AC and DC Electrical Systems back as close as I could to what should be original. I have written notes and drawn what I needed so that I can make repairs in the future.
*I am at a big disadvantage since Newell doesn't have records for my '82 so if there is someone out there with an Electrical Schematic for a '82 please copy it and I'll pay for the cost and mailing.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote