Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air Dryer
Thread: Air Dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

Wow, I would say compromised was a good choice of words. It sounds like there was a big leak, and the aux pump was left running continuously to keep the pressure up. If the dessicant is not changed or the traps not drained, you can put a LOT of water into the air system. Now, unfortunately, you have to deal with the consequences.

You'll have to figure me, but I'm and engineer, and a chemical one at that. Adding methanol to a system with water in it will not prevent the water from freezing if the proportion of methanol to water isn't pretty high.

I don't know how you are rigged for heat or getting under the coach, but I would try to heat the barn or wait until the temp is above freezing and drain the tanks several times.

Are you trying to keep air in the system? That may be impossible until you get the air out of the tanks. I am assuming you either have auto drains, or lanyard drains on the tanks. I have the old fashioned manual drains that require me to crawl under to drain them.

I wouldn't make any big decisions about what to do until I got the water out of the tanks.

Also like Tom said, it may be wise to check the brake cans to see if they have water in them. Us warm weather boys don't think about water in our air system too much from a freezing standpoint, but where you live it can be a huge safety problem.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote