Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Do You Believe a Newell Coach is a Very Safe Motorcoach? If So, Why?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
tuga

I feel that Newells are very safe because the majority of the weight of the coach is below the floor (75% I think). A low center of gravity is a big plus in potential roll over situations.

The house is made of aircraft aluminum (cage and sheeting). It is strong, yet light in weight relative to the steel chassis. The chassis is built using bridge truss construction (very strong). The coach is balanced with placement of batteries, fuel tanks, and generator so that the coach is not overloaded on any one side or front/aft.

I was told by Brian Pitts (salesman for Newell) that a Newell will accelerate faster and stop quicker than any comparable weight coach in its class. Boyd Vanover (engineer at Newell) told me that the chassis bridge truss construction is the strongest in the industry. Given these testimonies are from Newell people, but if you are in doubt take a tour of the factory and see how they are built. Seeing is believing!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote