Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - adding a roof air
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
encantotom

i got the coleman mach 15 roof air friday. so to make a long story short, i cut the hole in the roof and put it on.

ok, it was a little more work than that....i did the hole in the ceiling first and cut the foam away. then drilled holes in the 4 corners of the 14" cutout and then went to the roof. i had a buddy help me and it made it a ton easier. he drew connecting lines on the 4 small holes i drilled and we made sure the unit would fit uptop without interfering with anything. it was fine. so then i drilled larger holes that a sabre saw blade could go in and cut out the aluminum square. then i used a few pop rivets and silicone to make sure it was all sealed at where the pieces of aluminum overlap in the middle. while we were up there we sealed with silicone anything that looked like it needed resealing.

the ceiling where the cutout had the plywood delaminate so the screws you see around the edges are where i sucked it all back together. then i used a staple gun to put the roof vinyl up around the cutout.

i happen to have a buddy who lives a few blocks away that has a fork lift. so he popped over and was here about ten minutes or less as he lifted up the 90 pound roof unit that i had attached to a pallet. then we offloaded it and he was off. it made it really a ton easier to have the fork lift. not sure how i would have got it up top without whanging it or the coach up.

then i tightened down the mounting bracket sucking the unit down to seal it good. between me inside and my buddy on the roof we centered the unit on the top so it wasnt crooked.

then wired it up and found which leg to put it on of the 50amp to balance it with all the amperage hog things in the coach, wired in a new 20 sq D QO 20amp breaker and i was off and cooling. looks original and makes a big difference having 3 rather than 2 airs. it should make it so i can stay cool in the 115 degree summer here. it was marginal with 2.

here are a few pictures.

later

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote