Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Enclosed car hauler trailer
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #31
chockwald

As you all know I pulled my "new" to me enclosed car trailer for the first time with the T-Bird in it to and from Santa Fe on this last trip. I averaged around 8mpg towing the trailer and car. Better than I was expecting. I loved unloading the 'Bird in Santa Fe just as clean as it was 3 days before when I left Ontario....no bugs, no chips in the paint, no road grime. The trailer pulled easily, and it was easy to back up when necessary. In attempting to maneuver in a gas station in Kingman to take advantage of a great diesel price I had to do a lot of maneuvering to get out.....ask Elaine. The one thing I may have to do is to mount a second camera on the back of the trailer as the one on the back of Newell is just not high enough to see behind the trailer for backing purposes. It is adequate to see who is behind me unless they are tailgating the trailer. On 2 of the occasions I had to back up Elaine had to get out and direct me so I would not back over a gas pump.

We also found on this trip that Elaine could drive the car into the trailer and easily exit the vehicle.....I am not thin enough to do that. Loading time is about 5 minutes, and unloading about 2 minutes. Nice to know we won't need a winch to pull the car into the trailer. We didn't take the hardtop with us, so did not have to worry about where to store it while we drove around with the soft top down, which we did the entire time we were there.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote