Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - What kind of dog do you think we should get?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #17
Randy J

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
When we were living on our boat and Patti wanted a 4 legged baby we had to think long and hard.
1st decide on the size- the bigger the dog, the larger the poop! Larger dogs need more food and water, just more to carry.
2nd- We chose dogs that do not shed. This to me has been a great decision-no dog hair everywhere.
3rd- We wanted a dog that could swim for obvious reasons.
4th- The dog had to be able to put up with snow.

We chose a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Doubloon. We then rescued a second, Bonnie. After Doubloon passed we rescued Tucker. 1 of this breed is allot and 2 is a challenge! They are full of energy and require allot of exercise and are not small. Here they are at Yosemite.
Attachment 2688

Another thing to think about is that most of the breeds have Rescue Groups. We rescued Tucker through the Southern California Wheaten Terrier Rescue. We met a lady with a rescued Yorkie while we were at Yosemite and she (the Yorkie) was beautiful!
Steve and Tricia,

Thanks for the thoughts. We have some things to think about. Cute babies you have. It's me that's pressuring Randy for a pup. We haven't got one yet. But my heart wants a little baby to cuddle and care for. Bigger the pup bigger the poop. Ain't that the truth!

Leeann

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote