Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1992 Newell Coach Best Way To Complete Purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
zcasa

Hello,

Larry and Sean are right on, in terms of your due diligence. In today's world, very few (maybe even fools) would take a cashiers check or even cash(counterfeit potential for the seller and potential loss of a large sum of cash to you in the event of theft etc). Most all knowledgeable sellers, will require a wire transfer. This must be done with free cash available in your bank or brokerage account before 2PM Eastern time, to be delivered same business day. I have even asked to speak with the Seller's banker or broker, to verify the account number and client. As Sean has cautioned, I would inspect the title(it will be available to you after you have asked Larry's question) and confirm the VIN number on the title to the vehicle. Even titles can be counterfeit, so there are no guarantees for sure. Although, I hope that you will get an indication of trust in your dealings. At the very least, I would have a purchase and sale agreement, with all the relevant terms expressly outlined. Making sure both parties sign, and thus, you at least would have the comfort of that. I have not purchased anything of this magnitude without first ordering a CARFAX report on the internet. This is easy to do with the VIN and go to CARFAX® - Official Site - Vehicle History Reports on Used Cars for Sale. This report will help you determine if a lien is present, the latest State of Title registration, any accidents reported, etc. I have never done a carfax report on a Newell, so I hope it works with this kind of a custom Coach, but before you pay, the carfax will let you know if the vehicle has been found. In the best case scenario, the seller will accompany you to the DMV, to secure your license plates and be present when you pay the sales tax. If all of this checks out, you are probably dealing with a very trustworthy individual and you have done a lot to protect yourself.

Best of luck.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote