Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Should Newell Quit Overbuilding Their Coaches?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Should Newell Quit Overbuilding Their Coaches?

Recently I visited with a very nice gentlemen who has been building very nice bus conversions for a long long time. I really enjoyed talking with this man and learning a lot about Eagle's, Wanderlodges and even Newell's.

This guy told me straight out that his problem with a Newell Coach is that they are over-built and that way too much engineering has gone into them. Hmm..... Is this really such a bad thing? Now, I admit that Newell's being built over-kill as he suggests does hurt the fuel economy some. His conversion with an upgraded 60 Series being lighter than a Newell gets around 10.5 mpg and at $4.00 plus a gallon that is quite the savings from 6-7 mpg.

Now, I am not advocating Newell Coach change a thing in the consideration of over-building. Just think the topic is interesting.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote