Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wannabe
Thread: Wannabe
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
grusco

Default Wannabe

I've owned two motorhomes, the last being new 2001 Country Coach Intrigue (40' w/2 slides). I was retired and full-timed in it for about three years, then sold it and returned to sticks and bricks (and work). I'm another few years from my next motor home and today I've narrowed my choices to either Foretravel or Newell. Couple of reasons: 1) they're both still in business and 2) RV Consumer Group ratings for dependability and value. I've seen classifieds here for coaches under $100k (wow!). I figure I'll not full-time again but rather spend half a year or so on the road. I know Newell's are built from the ground up and use 'bridge' construction. Beyond that I don't know much about leveling systems in older coaches, suspension or weight ratings for axles, etc. Safety and durability rule, then comes comfort and esthetics. I choose quality over size (in houses and motor homes). Most conversions look like they were decorated by the same people who do Vegas hotel rooms (yuk!). Give me simple luxury with quality woods, fabrics, and stone or tile.I think I prefer the Series 60 engine and I loved the independent front suspension of my Country Coach. I think in all this is a request for your recommendations on what to look for in older or vintage Newells. I think a journey to Miami is in order also!