Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #102
Neweller

A
701 7/26/2002 4:59:58 AM 7/26/2002 Tech Talk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Airbags How Many is Enough? The number of air bags on a late model Newell three axle coach varies depending on whether the coach has a straight front (steer) axle or independent front suspension (IFS). Newell straight axles, including steer, drive, and tag, are designed around two air bags per side, or four per axle, so the coach is equipped with a total of 12 air bags on three axles. The IFS steer axle incorporates one air bag per side, so the coach has a total of 10 air bags. The requirements and total design of an axle's suspension is more important than the number of air bags. All things considered, Newell believes their two air bag independent front suspension is superior in ride and handling to the previous four bag straight front axle, while Newell currently prefers drive and tag axle suspensions that use four bags per axle.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote