Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Just looking
Thread: Just looking
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
fulltiming

Bluebird vs. Newell decision making was easy for us. Georgia liked the interior of the Newell better than any of the Bluebirds we looked at. When Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.

Seriously, the Newell is hard to beat when it comes to livability and that was extremely important to us. I love instrumentation, which is a strength of the Bluebirds but the roominess and understated elegance of the Newell interior was the deal maker for us. Secondly, Newell's tech support is second to none. Bluebirds have great on-line forums but with Bluebird's recent closure it is up in the air what will happen to records, documentation, etc. This forum helps take some of the load off of Newell's fabulous tech support but it is great to know that the folks that built your rig are available to help. Additionally, Newell's 24/7 emergency hotline is superb. I have had to use it late at night when my headlights went out in the middle of nowhere on I-8 in Arizona. I did the basic troubleshooting but they had one of their electricians call me back and pointed out that based on the diagnostics I had already done on my own I likely had a bad dimmer switch. He told me which wires to jumper and I had low beams again and could continue my trip with a stop the next morning to a Chevy dealer in Yuma for a replacement switch. That level of support is just not available with Bluebird.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote