Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - convert to a household refrigerator
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
GORDON HUMMEL

Some us have installed a Whirlpool XTOMSRXTB 9.6 cu ft. It is a little wider & taller than the original, but once some minor cuts are made mine fit. Others have had to reduce the height of the draw under the frig. Originally I vented mine outside, but I have since changed it to vent inside. This frig is much larger than the original Dometic gas/elec I had. The performance is much better & it was 20% of the cost of a new one.
You should be able to find posts on this forum from myself & Tom on the details of the install.
I am currently reviewing installing a 15.6 cu ft. Hotpoint. for $500. My reasoning is that my $1000 ice maker is 22 Y O. & I can replace it & my frig with a larger one for 1/2 the cost. The Hotpoint is 4" wider, so some surgery is necessary to retain that Newell look. I only need to move the dinette seats, cabinet above it, and some heating & a/c duct work.
You'll need an inverter for traveling if you do not have one and also rewire so that the frig runs off the inverter.

Changing from Dometic RV Fridge to Household 110v Fridge

Just noticed the above link as I was typing my reply, under "Similiar Threads"
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote