Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Seeking Information
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
tuga

Tony,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard. I have looked at Prevosts, driven Prevosts, and talked extensively with owners of Prevosts. I my opinion Newell is a better value for the dollar. Newells are built stronger and the systems are very simple for a tech to work on. Newell has a 24/7 emergency hotline that you can call anytime and ask any question and it will be answered by someone who actually works/has worked on coaches. Newell has a 2 year-24,000 mile written waranty on USED coaches & Prevost does not. Newell's slide outs are very dependable and again simple to operate and work on. Newell's hourly rate is presently $95/hour and I believe that Prevost is around $115/hour.

Prevost makes an excellent platform and Liberty and Marathon convert more Prevosts than the other converters. They both do an excellent job of fit and finish inside and out. But when it comes to engineering and ease of maintenance Newell is a better coach. Prevost looks like they go out of their way to make things complicated with 24 volt electric systems and automatic everything. I know of a couple of guys whose automatic water fill system failed and they burnt up a 120v Headhunter water pump. Those things aren't cheap. In order to set the valves on a Prevost you have to tear the bedroom closet up - Newell's with rear baths have a trap door in the floor. Better engineering!

Hope that I have answered some of your questions. Give me a call 985 381 6613 if you would like to talk more in detail.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote