Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - '83 Newell
Thread: '83 Newell
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 04:15 AM   #12
bennme

Default bennme

I've imported several vehicles as a collector so if you need info on importing, give me a shout. I live in Kelowna. You don't need to go thru RIV since the coach is over 15 years old. You will have to pay GST at the border you cross and you will also have to contact the US Customs at the border you cross and have a copy of the title faxed to them at least 72 hours prior to crossing into canada. Without that, they will not allow you to export it. You will have to have original to produce to US customs at port of exit that you faxed the copy to.

When you get to the Canadian side you will have to have stamped title in hand, bill of sale and will fill out an import form, which is quite simple. Make sure the manufacturers US DOT compliance plate is visible for Customs to see, pay your GST and off you go. You will need to contact ICBC immediately upong entering Canada in BC and get a Temp Operating Permit to drive to an inspection station. Then it's off to your icbc agent with all the paperwork to register it. I'm retired from the RCMP so let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck...Keith
bennme is offline   Reply With Quote