Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Jacobs Brake?
Thread: Jacobs Brake?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #40
Wally Arntzen

Tom, I spoke to my friend at the bus garage and he informed me that something can be done to make the jake work with the cruise on any of the 8v92's wether its electronic or not. If you check with Leo I bet he will have a way to get it done.
My friend said he thinks that its possible that Newell did that for several years for reasons unknown due to the fact that coaches for some years have it one way and other years a different way.
This has been an extended discussion and maybe we can get cleared up. Michael, maybe if you talk to someone at Newell they can help.
I'm not passing the buck, just that you are an engineer and I would not understand the solution if they gave it to me.
Many things on these coaches I can take on and fix or replace and others, like electronic stuff I leave to guys like you that get it. I am not an electronic guy and doubt that I ever will be, but I can assure you that there is nothing on my coach that does not work and I'm a fanatic about having stuff that does not work.
I hope I did not add any confusion to the discussion.

Wally
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote