Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - from a french dreamer
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
afrench45

As the others have said, there are advantages/disadvantages to pulling a trailer. Two of my good friends both pull stackers, and both admit it takes work. One will not go anyplace without it, and says that it is worth all the effort it takes to pull a stacker. It is a plus for him, because he can have his lexus, motorcycle plus his extra "stuff". He pulls the trailer with a 45' Prevost and said the coach handles the trailer just fine. Gets about 4.5-5 mpg with the trailer. Another good friend of mine likes the convince of the stacker, because he can haul his race car, equipment, plus another car. His trailer is 28ft I believe. He pulls it behind his 07' Newell with a 625 Cat and ZF12 tranny. He gets around 4mpg and travels about 65mph. The problem that they said they have both found, and I have found when I pull my 24ft. trailer is where to park them. Often times parks will have 90ft. pull through sites, but it is hard to maneuver a coach and trailer to the sites!
A few instances, is where we stay in Destin they say that they offer trailer parking.... What it is, is the beach parking across the street. Its a gravel parking/driveway (not more than 60ft wide) and you can put your trailer there. The problem with this, is that you have to back your trailer down this driveway and have to block off all traffic on the beach road (busy road) to get to your trailer, and hope nobody is blocking it in.
Another case, I had my trailer in South Carolina and was hauling motorcycles and no car. When i booked the site, they said they had trailer parking, and it could be accessed easily by coach....upon arriving that was not the case. We had to drop the trailer at the entrance and have a maintenance man park it for us. If we had a truck/suv that could park the trailer it wouldn't be an issue.

Trailers are great for storage, and look cool going down the road! In my opinion, its all about how much effort you want to put into it.
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote