Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Do you really feel safe using cruise control in a 45' coach?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Neweller

I seldom use mine as my foot doesn't get that tired from using the throttle and have a very controlled foot. I might use it more to keep the components exercised from time to time. I used to use it more until I fell asleep at the wheel in a Camaro while it was set at 75 mph going up the 95 in Nevada. I had left Las Vegas around midnight and while heading north on hwy 95 having been driving for a few hours, it was around 7am or so and I just passed Walker Lake, starting to feel tired and a little hypnotized I fell asleep on the two lane highway, when I felt the rumble strip on the opposite side of the road I awoke cranked the wheel to the right, hit the skids, ended up on the other side of the highway down the embankment facing back towards the south and all I seen was one big dust cloud. My 14 year old daughter woke up in the passenger seat and asked; what's going on daddy? If you seen what happened you would never believe the whole thing but that my guardian angel must have been by my side. People had stopped and couldn't believe it either. saying how the car was going off the road on the other side of the highway airborne and all of a sudden turned direction and then there was this huge dust cloud. Everyone thought I was a goner. This portion of highway sits about 25-30 feet above the lay of the land without guardrails on either side. It's a very dangerous stretch of highway. Most vehicles would have flipped or went off the other side at that speed. It was a miracle that I do not ever wish to experience again.

Not saying cruise control is unsafe, it is great for those whom enjoy it and don't do stupid $hit like I did.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote