Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - love my newell
Thread: love my newell
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
blakestar

Hi Fritz, this is Blake; we meet at the KOA in Winthrop with our 1979 Newell, Welcome!

For those that don’t know, its funny how this worked (I will try to keep it short). My wife hesitated for three weeks to show me the motor home she found online, once she did, I fell in love and immediately made an appt. to see it. I decided to sleep on the decision overnight, the next afternoon I decided that 80 Newell was the one, I called the seller and he stated there was a gentlemen about 5 minutes away coming from Winthrop. I waited a couple of hours and called the seller to see if it had sold, my heart sank, it was gone!! I was convinced I would never find another....

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I find one in AZ, pictures look good, grab a cashier’s check and fly down. Too much rot for my likings. Found another while we are their in AZ advertised at Camping World in Mesa, it too is sold when we stop by. My brother and I are about ready to fly back home when I get a call from my wife she found one that just listed on the newellclassic.com classifieds in Oklahoma, she forwards me photos and I am stunned, it looks exactly like the one in Seattle, only the stripe is brown. We fly out and drive it home.

We decide to take the family camping in Winthrop, a few hours away. While we are camping, Fritz pulls into the KOA thinking maybe someone stole his coach. It was great to meet him and I was excited to see his enthusiasm for Newell's as well!

The Newell god’s were smiling on all of us….

Chockwald; I am located in Lynden, WA. Right along the Canadian border, above Bellingham. Feel free to call if you want to come up this way as well. The Lynden KOA is a highly rated campground: