Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Let's talk non-steerable Tag Axles
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
RussWhite

I need to learn a lot more about what is going on - and soon. Today I followed the advice to dump the tag bags when I put her in reverse to back into my camp site. Fortunately I had someone back there watching and he said, whoa! your hitch is almost on the ground. So I went back and sure enough, I had maybe a inch and a half between the hitch and the road. See picture attached. It was going to be a fairly straight backup from there so I went from dumping the tag to the other extreme and got some additional clearance. I then started backing into the site which has a downward sloping entrance to a level site. As I was directed in my helper watched closely and stopped me when the hitch touch the concrete of the site. At that point I had the raise request flashing and the tag in the full bag position. I went to fast idle and waited and there seemed to be conflicting things going on. Both rear axle ride height valves where exhausting. So what keeps the two systems ( ride height and leveling ) from fighting each other. I had told the leveling system via the HWH panel I wanted "raise", but it seemed the ride height wanted to put the coach at normal travel height. The ride height valve seems like a pretty simple device in that it has a rod connected to the axle and tries to exhaust the air when the distance is too great, and add air when the distance is too close. Is there anything that should take it out of action if I try to override with the HWH "raise all" button? Some boards under the tag axle tires and I made it without scraping my new concrete. All suggestions appreciated. Is there any way to check that my ride height is correct? I "touched" something in the middle of the bus as I slowly creeped across some railroad tracks. I had stopped and hit the raise button, but almost immediately a car pulled up behind me and I just hate to inconvenience someone else, so I slowly moved on. I have not found any damage from the slight interference.
Attached Images

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote