Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Size Matters (The Challanges)
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
prairieschooner

We live in our '82 for about 6 months during the winter (when the white stuff sticks). We like to use back roads and go to state parks so even our 38' is sometimes an issue, I just lie about the length and hope that I can squeeze it in. We have taken route 1 north of the castle and it always makes me pucker but it is doable. Originally I wanted a 35' or smaller but wouldn't trade our '82 now.
Having said this, we lived on a wooden sailboat for 13 years and know how to use space. Tricia lives by her rules that if she brings something on-board she takes something off. I am always emptying bays to see what is in there and putting back only what I feel is needed.
I like our 6V92 but I did need to learn how to drive when going over passes towing. That may be something else that you should consider, what you plan on towing and the proper power plant for that.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote