Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tire Life & Age replace after 5, 7 or 10 years ?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Neweller

There is a lot of great information on this thread already. I know this subject comes up periodically and that is probably a good thing. And Steve I believe you made a

valid point regarding the age of a Newell. I think with the older, smaller, lighter Newell's there is less chance of tire issues due to age vs. the newer almost twice as

heavy newer larger Newell's. Most of the tire issues we read about are on on the heavier fronts and because of the superior handling characteristics of these state of

art newer Newell's in sorts get driven somewhat in comparison to a European full-size driving machine but on a much larger size scale. I know at 80 mph a 30 year old

Newell doesn't even feel like its going at those higher speeds, you have to look down at the speedo and maybe let your lead foot off the pedal some.

These baby's move down the road and when hauling the weights possible with a newer Newell you will create some heat on those tires and if they are not in optimum

condition a blow-out could happen. I truly believe you keep the behemoth at a lower more reasonable speed you will in turn reduce tire failure risk any tire.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote